GS Academy Course: Dolly Top
In this 4-week course you will gain all of the knowledge and skills to create your very own 'DOLLY TOP''!
Choose from a start date of October 1st or November 1st!
Learn how to make your very own DOLLY TOP from home!
Join Gus Sloan's founder, Lauren Dary, as she takes you through the step-by-step process of crafting your very own ethically and sustainably made dress. She'll teach you everything you need to make one of our upcoming fall collection designs - the Dolly Top! We feel strongly about making sustainable fashion more accessible for folks, and making your own clothes is one amazing way to do this. We look forward to sharing our design, knowledge and process with you! You'll also learn methods to customize and modify the pattern so that you can use your new skills to make more garments using the same pattern!
In this 4 week course you will enter into a group learning environment including:
- access to a community facebook group for all of your questions, insights and to interact with the other students
- your very own of The Sloan Dress pattern customized by Lauren based on your personal measurements
- conversation around choosing fabric and ethical/sustainable fashion practices
- 4 weekly video modules taking you through the step-by-step process of creating your Dolly Top (sent to you each week, over the 4 weeks to watch at your own pace).
- suggestions/tips for personalizing your Top, if desired
- access to Lauren during the 4 weeks (and beyond, through the Facebook Group!) for questions/assistance/tips/etc.
- opportunity to share your finished product images with the group!
During the course we encourage you to 'go at your own pace'. You are not required to complete the course within the 4 week timeframe. You'll have lifetime access to the private facebook group and the videos!
Basic sewing skills and sewing machine required. EVERYTHING ELSE IS TEACHABLE. All are welcome.